Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Joys of Owning a Home – Part 2

Two days went by and no leak was detected. Because my son is home for spring break – my husband offered to pay him $20.00 to fill the hole. He did that yesterday. When I got off of work I went to the water meter and it was running again! My husband got home from work and his jaw dropped when I told him. He said “No WAY!!!! I’m not digging that back up!” Well needless to say he did.

Once he did the water meter stopped moving. Again! But this time he was not going to give up so easily. So this time we both go to the master bathroom and flush the toilet – nothing. Then the shower – nothing. Finally the faucet – nothing! We turn to the ‘other’ bathroom. Shower-nothing. Faucet – nothing. Toilet – nothing. Water meter – nothing.

We scratch our heads…hmmmm. My husband finally turns on the water hose in the backyard and WHALA!!!! The hole begins to fill up with water!!! There was a water leak on the pipe going to the water hose. Yes, this was underground and yes – it has now been repaired.

1 comment: